How do you fight porn and other spammers.
We have Six mechanisms in place to help control guestbook spam.
- We have chaptcha images on the signing form which inhibit spambots from posting to the guestbooks
- We block posts that contain certain keywords in any field.
- If html posts are not turned on, all web addresses are blocked in the comments section.
- We have a very aggressive spambot trap which, once triggered, blocks their IP from all guestbooks. We are currently blocking 50+ new IP's every week.
- Visitor E-mail addresses are not displayed by default. You can cause them to be displayed in your guestbook in your control panel. Also, if you view your guestbook inside your control panel, you will be able to see the email addresses if your visitors left one.
- We also have enabled Honeypot traps on all guestbooks.
And finally, when we do see spam posted, we try to find a way to prevent it from happening again.
- Spam traps issued on our sites: 1,933,179
- Spam received at our addresses: 3,720,197
- Received this week: 59
- Received this month: 227
- Comment spam posts to our site(s): 1,547,298